Ahh the relaxation a massage provides. But did you know there’s actually quite a few more benefits to a massage than just soothing muscles?
- Getting a massage can actually burn anywhere from 65-120 calories per session. Skip the gym and treat yourself at the same time!
- Massages may be the oldest form of medical care that historians have found. Egyptian tomb paintings show people getting massages. How cool!
- When you receive a one hour massage, its actually about the same as getting 7-8 hours of sleep for your body. You know your body needs a bit more sleep here and there!
- Since 1996, massage and bodyworks were the core medical services for the Olympics. If its good enough for them, its good enough for us!
- Julius Caesar used massage to help with his epilepsy.
- Massaging improves the immune system response. Goodbye germs, hello soothed muscles!
- Getting a massage helps with the release of endorphins, which serve as the body’s natural pain killers.
To book your massage today at the Spa at Sanderling, call 252.261.7744. Open 9am-6pm daily.
PASSION FOR PINK
Every Thursday in October , Spa at Sanderling will be offering complimentary 25 minute services to those who are currently, or have courageously, battled cancer. Book one for yourself or for someone you know could use the rejuvenation to the mind, body and soul.
Images by: Brooke Mayo Photography