Spending quality time with your daughters is one things mothers can never get enough of. Make your getaway to the Outer Banks absolutely unforgettable with a few of the following activities!
- A trip to the spa: Enjoy a soothing massage, cute pedicure, and/or a calming facial with your daughter to relax together! The Spa at Sanderling is sure to keep you refreshed and balanced during your trip.
- Shopping: Take a stroll around Duck and pop in a few of the cute boutiques throughout the little town. Whether you find some matching jewelry or fun t-shirts, you’re sure to want a momento from this special vacation!
- Sunrise Yoga: Did you know the Sanderling Resort had its very own Sunrise Yoga during the summer? Starting at 7:30AM, come ready to have a great day with your daughter as you watch the sunrise over the beach!
- Wine Tours: Depending on how old your daughter is, the two of you could unwind together on a fun wine tour at the Sanctuary Vineyard through Kitty Hawk Kites.
- Horseback Riding: Together you can enjoy a guided horseback riding tour! Experience the beauty of the Outer Banks nature from a whole different view. Be sure to get some fabulous pictures!
- Photography: There’s no backdrop like the ocean! Why not hire a photographer to capture some gorgeous photos of the you both for a keepsake? These pictures are sure to last you forever, and will be amazing to look back on.
- Water Sports: Do you and your daughter have more of an adventurous side? Stop by Kitty Hawk Kites and take surf lessons in the ocean! If you’d prefer a more laid-back activity, why not paddle-board or kayak together? Kitty Hawk Kites has its very own kiosk right here at the Sanderling Resort!
- Dining: You girls gotta eat! Whether you love seafood, or want to try some good ‘ole fashioned North Carolina Barbecue, there is no shortage of great food on the island. Sanderling Resort’s very own Lifesaving Station has a fabulous menu for all taste buds, open daily year round!
- Of course… the beach! What’s a trip to the Outer Banks without going dipping your toes in the ocean? Take your little girl to the beach to soak up some salty air and Vitamin D! There’s no better medicine than breathing in the salty ocean breezes.
Photography: Brooke Mayo Photographers